I love extending my kids' pj's when the footed pajamas get too tight. The above pic is my daughter in her new pj's, after I cut the feet off and added a knit fabric band. Footed pajamas always get too tight in the feet before they outgrow the rest. So here's an EASY tutorial on how to get more time out of them!
1. Supplies: footed pj's, scissors, outgrown tee shirt in coordinating color or knit fabric scrap
2. Cut feet off pj's, as close to bottom as possible.
3. Take tee shirt (or knit fabric) and cut two wide bands.
4. Fold the fabric in half and make the band fit the width of the pajama leg plus 1 inch (on both sides).
5. Sew the ends together with a zigzag stitch. Fold band with raw ends on inside to make a nice neat band (see the raw edges on inside in photo below).