Labels

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Recovered Chair

I finally got around to recovering my sewing chair!  I had taken the back off months ago and was actually sewing without a back.  QUITE UNCOMFORTABLE!  So I motivated myself and finished this easy project very quickly.
 My chair is a very old chair from a thrift store and was covered in shaggy brown fabric.  I had a white chair cover on it but it was getting dirty and stretched out.
 All I needed for this project was a screwdriver, staple remover, fabric, and my amazing staple gun.
 I used fabric that I had bought last year-navy d├ęcor weight fabric with lots of pink ikat like patterns and paisley and flowers.  It has some bumpy texture and I love it for my new sewing room/living room (photos to come shortly!).
 Here you can see the ugly old fabric on the seat.  Sorry I didn't get a before photo of the chair.
 Stapled the back cover on.  Staple gun is so powerful and was cheap at the craft store.
 Finished seat!  You can see the texture on the fabric here.

Love the new chair.  Navy against the silver arms.  Now I can sew in comfort and a bit more style.

-ellen

1 comment: